Monday, October 28, 2013

Pictures Oct. 28, 2013

                                         President Tupou and Elder Meyers October 27, 2013
Mom is being serenaded in trade for piano lessons.

2nd song gets a second lesson...they said
that they could sing all night!

                            Children at the "uma" waiting for food.  Uma is a Tongan  "luau".
Mom with Sister Tupou

 
 
    Singing practice at the mission home.
Look who got recruited to sing!!!
 
 Pres. Tupou helping Thomas with his tuvala.

 This is common sights everywhere.  This is a common cemetery....they decorate graves with anything they think is decorative.  Lots of them have fancy quilts on them.

 
 We took the new couple "the Aland's" to see the Fox Bats in Kolovai.  It gave me a chance to get some close ups of them.  This time there were 100's of them.
In the cliffs by the beach I found dozens of
 copper colored lizards with bright blue tails.


 Wow, you even get an inside look at our apartment...living room and kitchen.  I can sit at the kitchen table and reach anything I need in the refrigerator, without getting up!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, can you even see on that TV?! And at least you do not have to move if you forgot something at dinner time!

    I am glad to see Mom so happy though, it seems like every photo you have gotten of her since leaving she has had a smile on her face, which I haven't seen since Yellowstone days. Usually it was the Oh, Steve glare!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your home. It is so sunny and bright. Bonnie I love the dress you have on in the singing picture. Steve I love the dress you have on with President Tupou.

    ReplyDelete