We have just finished the Saturday sessions of conference. We were going to watch more but that will need to wait for a little while. I have been so impressed with what has been said and I want to take some time to ponder over what my thoughts have been. I think the thing that has stood out the most to me is the fact that the prophets are really tackling the problems of the world and are not afraid to state the facts that truth is truth and no matter what the world says, that will not change. I had been reading Ether prior to watching conference and all I could think is I hope we don't have to go through what the Jaredites, Nephites went through because they would not listen to the voices of the prophets. I am so grateful that we have prophets who talk to us and I am extremely grateful to be a member of the true church. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and what I am learning about when I read it. The school here has taken the challenge to read the Book of Mormon and use it in their morning devotionals in their home rooms. I love it when we are walking around campus in the morning, hearing the students sing the hymns. That's when you know things are on track. Of course, there will always be those who have to learn life's lessons the hard way, but it is good knowing that at least the students are being taught the right way in school.
Our flight to Vava`u got moved up to 7 am tomorrow, so we are frantically trying to get ready for our trip. We have much to do once we get there, but much to do before we can go. Travelling in the South Pacific, is really an adventure. The plane kind of reminds me of the albatross that The Rescuers, the Walt Disney film with Bianca and I can't remember his name, who fly out to help children in need. Any way, its kind of funny when you think of that kind of plane flying missionaries from Island to Island. Oh well, if the engine won't turn on, we won't go.
I did get most of the laundry done yesterday, we have tried to eat all of the leftovers, so we shouldn't have much to do to get ready food wise. The problem is Vava`u doesn't really have places to shop, worse than Tonga, we will only be there 10 days, but we still have to eat. Maybe it will be lots of peanut butter. I don't think we will even be able to find any Bologna. Yes, I have even resorted to eating bologna, but great reservation and many added toppings. With enough pickles, which I have also learned to like and cheese with mustard, Bologna is palatable. It's also quick and easy. Hum, enough of that. We managed to find frozen chicken breasts at one of the markets here yesterday, so I got some and stuck them in my mini freezer for when we return. I sure hope we have somewhere to stay now that I'm thinking about it. We didn't check that out before the end of the day on Friday. Maybe we will be beach bums for a week. Oh joy. Something else to worry about. Transportation, bugs, internet, good grief the list goes on and on. Time to quit for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment