Saturday, September 14, 2013
September 14, 2013
This week we have appreciated the kindness of a Mission President, his family and the Hamblin's who were best friends with the Tupou family in Alaska. They now are running the mission office for him. They picked us up at 7am this morning and took us to a private beach owned by the King of Tonga. The King's cousin, who was a Stake President, escorted us around and we spent the most peaceful day on this beautiful Island. Much more later, we love all of you and miss you at this challenging time. Love, Dad
We have a wonderful group of people who have helped us get through this week. We've had lots of hugs and loves, and many thoughtful kind words. Today, I just spent a lot of time, thinking about dad and about how he used to just hang over the fence and watch his critters. I never could really understand that because they were just dumb cows. Today, I just imagined what it would have been like if dad could have seen the ocean, the waves, the sunshine and the sea critters. I think he would have stood quietly for hours and just took it all in, like I did. The ocean is powerful and beautiful, and I am grateful for the time we were able to just think about dad and how much we will miss him. I hope that Heavenly Father will at least let him see and feel some of the things we are seeing and feeling while we are serving here in Tonga. He would have loved the spirit of the people, and their testimonies that they show by their every day actions and their love of singing. He would have loved these big, kindhearted, brown people and he would have loved their laughter. Today was good and we felt close, but tonight, there is a big hole, leaving us sad that he is gone. I only hope that somehow mom will feel some comfort and be able to get through the days ahead. God Bless Everyone, we love you. ofa`atu, Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a gorgeous place to sit and feel Heavenly Father's love. I am glad you had that opportunity. Our thoughts and prayers are with you continually. We love you both.
ReplyDeleteTristan
I just want to say I really missed you guys today, it was really hard at Grandpa's funeral.. I truly have never cried so much in my life. The services were as good as can be for the situation, it was very good to hear from Uncle David and his stories of Grandpa, he and Grandpa's friend were able to get a chuckle from everyone which really helped.
ReplyDeleteI hope you two are doing okay, we miss you but are proud of where you are, and what you are doing.
Love You,
Michael and Somer
Mike, we appreciate your comments and know it has been a tough week for everyone. We appreciate the way all of you pulled together and represented our family, even in our absence. We love you all and appreciate hearing from you...Love, Dad and Mom
DeleteWell, I thought I had gotten all my tears out but then I read your post... I guess I am feeling selfish and wish you had been there. Kind of felt like I needed to be stronger and hold myself together because you weren't there. I cried plenty, promise. It just felt different without you.
ReplyDeleteThe services were wonderful. I know Blake recorded it all too. Gary was right there with his little thing to record the prayers. I felt like the music was touching and the words were healing. I can't wait for you to hear it.
Grandma was a trooper and Connie said she was starting to get a bit lost after the funeral. She didn't know why she was there. Connie felt like grandpa needed to hang in there for longer for Grandma to remember that she wanted him to not suffer anymore. Made me sad to realize this on many levels. Grandma loves grandpa and she will remember how she didn't want him to suffer. Grandpa loves grandma enough to cling to life as long as he can for her sake. What a great legacy they have created!
We got to see Ilene and George and Gloria Stone at the funeral. So good to see them. I didn't realize that Grandpa served with Bro. Stone and Bodily in the wilford ward bishopric in 1975... Around the flood. Fun connection we made with Paul (oh dear, I think that was his first name) and his sweet wife. He is related to Redges Great Grandpa Theo Bodily.
Thinking about you today!
Cyndee