Sunday, June 15, 2014

"Marine Life 101" June 14, 2014

THIS BLOG IS ESPECIALLY FOR GRAND KIDS!

Whenever we go to the wharf, I'm fascinated by the fish they sell.  Also the
smell is to be enjoyed!!!  These are Parrot fish.


....and the Red Snapper always keeps an eye on you.

The boat ride to Pangaimotu Island for the day.  This was the best day we have
ever had finding all kinds of sea life.

The first Star Fish find of the day.

.....and a Sand Dollar.


Our first ever Jelly Fish.

.....more Star Fish.

A weird type of Sea Cucumber.

.....another kind of Sea Cucumber.  I'm getting brave, I'll even hold them now!

This is a Sea Cucumber also...but not one I'll touch!

A pretty Crab.

...and a Crab that did not want to hold still for a picture.

This is soft coral....looks and feels like rubber.

Another Star Fish with strange stuff around it.

Three red Star Fish and a funny slow moving critter.

Big puffy Star Fish that was red rather than yellow.

These were quite small and plentiful today.

Obese yellow Star Fish.

More Sea Cucumbers.

A large Black Star Fish.

and a Puffer Fish.....

 

and it puffs up when you scare it.  It was too fast and is partially deflated.

This "thing" was weird...when I touched it ...with my shoe!....it spewed this pretty stuff  out!


An Ongongo shell with an inhabitant.

.....and one last look as we depart for home!

4 comments:

  1. Hey!!! I'm not a grandkid and loved all the variety of smelly fish. You are sure seeing some beautiful places. No desert for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very neat! Greyson would like the starfish, he says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH but he doesn't want the puffer fish. And the fish you touched with your foot makes me want to say, "AWW guys, you made me ink". Where's Loretta when you need someone to recognize a Disney quote?!

    ReplyDelete